Accumulation of extra fat around thighs can be humiliating and irritating at the same time. This is because bulky thighs can make you look fatter and you’re not able to wear some of your favorite dresses. Also, it’s a very stubborn kind of fat and doesn’t go off easily.
Thus, people always look for quick ways to eliminate bulky thighs, especially women. However, the best way to do so is through thighs-targeted workouts and a healthy diet plan. To help you better, here’s how to get rid of thigh fat with exercises and lifestyle changes.
Best Tips On How To Get Rid Of Thigh Fat
If you want to reduce thigh fat quickly, then you need to make the following changes in your daily lifestyle.
- Drink Plenty Of Water – Drinking plenty of water daily is one of the most essential components of any weight loss program. This is because water helps in boosting the digestion and metabolism of the body. Thus, all the toxins are easily eliminated from the body, and bloating is also prevented. Also, water helps in eliminating extra fats from the body through sweat during exercise. So drink 3-4liters of water every day and carry a water bottle with you always.
- Count The Calories – In any weight loss program, it is very important to keep account of your caloric intake. This is because you’ll only be able to lose weight if you eat fewer calories and burn more. For this purpose, you can buy a smartwatch or smartphone app that calculates the number of calories in every dish. This will really help in quicker weight loss.
- Proper Sleep – Improper sleep can lead to stress, poor digestion, and overeating. Thus, if you want to know how to reduce thigh fat quickly, then proper sleep is the answer. When you sleep for 7-8 hours daily, your digestive system works properly and you don’t overeat. Moreover, proper sleep keeps you active during the day to do physical activities, and this helps in burning calories too.
- Divide Your Meals – In any weight loss program, it is very important to divide your 3 big meals into 5-6 smaller ones. This helps in cutting down your cravings for calorie-dense foods that are junk or processed. Also, you can eat smaller meals with lesser calories to boost your fat loss process.
- Eat More Protein & Fiber – If you ask any dietician ‘how to get rid of thigh fat’, the answer will always be protein & fiber. This is because protein-rich foods keep your tummy full for a longer period. Thus, you end up eating lesser calories and your cravings for unhealthy foods are also suppressed. Also, foods with soluble dietary fiber take more time to get absorbed and processed by the body. Hence, these foods also suppress your hunger and limit your daily caloric intake.
- Eat More Electrolytes – Salt retained inside the body is one of the prime reasons for weight gain. This is the reason why dieticians recommend not eating salt during the weight loss process. However, if you can’t cut out salt completely, it’s very important to eat more electrolytes. Electrolytes-rich foods are very helpful in preventing salt retention. Thus, try eating foods rich in magnesium, calcium, and potassium, such as leafy greens.
- Morning Coffee – Drinking one cup of coffee in the morning helps in boosting the metabolism and calorie burning process. Also, it provides you more energy to perform various physical activities during the day. However, if you drink too much coffee, you’ll end up overeating. So it is highly recommended to drink only one cup of coffee in the morning.
How To Get Rid Of Thigh Fat With Exercises?
If you want to know how to reduce thigh fat with exercises, here are the best recommendations for you.
- Curtsy Lunges With Dumbbells
Curtsy lunges with dumbbells are an incredible exercise to tone and strengthen your thighs and gluteal muscles. To do this exercise, you need to stand straight with both your feet shoulder-width apart. Hold a dumbbell with both your hands in front of your chest. Now lift your right leg and place your right foot behind your left leg by bending your knees. So your body posture will be similar to that of a person showing curtsy. Return to the initial position and repeat these steps 10-20 times per set with each leg.
Burpees are another amazingly effective exercise for the toning and strengthening of the entire body. To do burpees, stand straight with your feet distanced at a hip-width. Then, you need to squat down by bending your knees and extending your butt backward. Now, place your hands in front of your feet and jump your legs back to get into extended-arms plank position. After that, do a pushup and immediately return your legs back to get into the squat position again. Just after that, jump up in the air with your arms in the air and land in the squat position again. Keep repeating these steps for 20-30 times per set.
- Mountain Climbers
Mountain climbers are probably the best full-body workout without any equipment. This exercise targets your quadriceps, glutes, abs, triceps, shoulders, and hamstring muscles. To do this exercise, get down into the initial pushup position i.e. straight body balanced on straight arms and toes. Now pull your right knee towards the left side of your chest. Immediately after returning it back, pull your left knee towards the right side of your chest. Make sure to keep your back straight while doing these steps. Keep repeating these steps continuously for 20-30 times per set, like you’re running up a vertical mountain.
- Jumping Jacks
Jumping jacks is a great exercise to tone and strengthen your whole body, especially legs. To do this exercise, stand straight with both your feet close together and arms on your side. Now jump in the air to land with both feet apart at a shoulder-width. While doing so, clap your hands above your head too. Again jump in the air to land in the initial position. Repeat these steps 15-30 times per set.
- Elevated-Heels Sumo Squat
Elevated-heels sumo squat is a great exercise to tone your lower body, especially your thighs. To do elevated-heels sumo squats, stand straight with both your feet apart at twice your shoulder-width. After that, you need to point both your feet outwards at a 45-degree angle. Then, you need to lift your heels and squat down by bending your knees at a 90-degree angle. Stand back up and repeat the same steps 15-30 times per set. To make this exercise more intense, you can also hold a dumbbell in both hands while doing it.
If you are wondering how to reduce thigh fat fast, then running or sprinting is the best option for you. For this, you need to begin with brisk walking for a few days and then switch to jogging. After a few days of jogging, you will feel easy while sprinting or running. Don’t start sprinting right in the beginning, as you’ll end up with extremely bad cramps. Running for half an hour daily can not only help in eliminating thigh fat but also in reducing body weight.
- Cardio & HIIT Workouts
Along with these exercises, you can also do various cardio and HIIT workouts that target your thighs. Some of the best cardio exercises to do include jump lunges, stair climbing, crab plank, jump rope, and jump squats. Best HIIT workouts for you include high knees, jumping jacks, alternating lunge & squat, and deadlifts.
The Bottom Line!
So these were the answers to your question, how to get rid of thigh fat with exercises and lifestyle changes. You can easily eliminate bulky thighs by following these lifestyle tips and doing these exercises regularly. Also, it is highly recommended for you to get a custom-diet plan made for you by a licensed dietician.