An hourglass figure is the shape that we mostly see in the billboards and advertisements. The public faces that most people know do maintain this specific figure.
Very well known celebrities such as Marilyn Monroe, Kim Kardashian, and Jennifer Lopez could come to your mind when you think of this. This hourglass figure mainly consists of chiseled shoulders, trim curves,larger buts and a shaped waist.
The truth still now holds that having this figure doesn’t always mean that you are more attractive or healthy. Most of the women who have this are mostly naturally designed like this. But it is still possible to get even if you don’t have this figure naturally.
The Truth Behind an hourglass figure
It is very important to understand that the figure that we usually see on the television or over the internet is not always the ideal one. Most of the times, even they also don’t have that measured shape. They use cosmetic surgeries or other procedures to get this hourglass figure. Of course, such endeavours are very costly.
Now, if you are really passionate about it and willing to invest time, we can tell you the secrets of how to gain this much-coveted body type. But it requires a lot of physical activeness and targeted effort. It is not that easy that it is shown in tutorials and everything. But yeah, if you want to have such a body, set some realistic goal and work towards it. Get motivated by step by step progress and set realistic targets. Hard work and consistency are the key to success.
Food habits, exercise routines, and the overall lifestyle need to be maintained to get this physical structure. This article will give you some insights about the top 5 exercises to get an hourglass shape body.
Exercises To Obtain an Hourglass Figure
This shape generally confines of a thinner waist, curvy hips, and upper body. Which means there are a total of three targeted areas to work on to get a proper hourglass figure
- upper body
- glutes, upper thighs, and hips
Now, on which part you need to work more, will be determined by your natural shape.
If you are naturally slim, you need to put on some muscles around your hips and shoulders. If you possess some weight, you should try to reduce them so that you can get that perfect shape.
As discussed before, we need to work on the shoulders, hips, and waist. We will see the top 5 pieces of training that would help to achieve this.
Lateral arm raises
Works: Shoulders and Upper arms
- Use around 5 pounds of weights and raise your hand backward making a ‘T’ shape
- Repeat it for 10-15 times and do 3-5 sets daily.
- Bend your knees slightly and do it.
Through this, you will get a proper upper body shape. This works on your back, shoulder, neck, chest, triceps, and biceps. This is overall, a package to get a proper upper part. If you do this every day, you will get a part done towards your goal of an hourglass figure.
Works: The entire core, from front to back
- Sit on the ground. Hold a medicine ball that might weight around 5-10 pounds. Keep it slightly up of your belly button.
- Raise your feet slightly up of the ground and hold that position.
- Start to twist your hands and belly slowly as much back as you can and repeat it.
- Focus only on your core muscles. Do not move your arms and feet in this process. Only belly and your core will be twisted.
- Do it for 10-15 repetitions and do it in sets.
This practice will help you to get the shape that you want. This is also a very good exercise to get a smaller waist and overall belly area. It will reduce the belly fat fastly to give you that hourglass shape.
- Lay down on your back on the ground. Be sure to secure your back against a hard surface. Hold a weight on your hands and hold it properly avoiding all injuries.
- Take a breath in and raise your hips upward squeezing your glutes.
- To make it more intense, you can do it with one leg raised or with a Bosu Ball. Doing it with one leg will be hard for the newbies. Try to gradually increase the intensity.
- Perform 8-10 reps with tolerable weights. Do it in sets of 3-5.
This overall exercise will lead you to get perfect hips, waist, shoulder, legs, and whole-body fitness. This is a perfect practice for those who want to achieve some serious goals. This will also help in improving your digestion system.
Works: Upper back (rhomboids) rear delts, back, and shoulders
This exercise requires one gym equipment. This is perfect training for the overall upper body.
- Set the weight indicator to slightly higher than you can take. It will help you to get some muscles.
- Keep the band parallel to your chest and grad the stand with both of your hands.
- Stand with a slight bend to your knees, leaning forward. Pull the band towards your face and repeat it. This can be done with a resistance band or cable as well.
- Begin with a lightweight and gradually raise it to achieve the hourglass figure goal.
This is proper cross-fit training that will make your upper body firm. This exercise has a perfect combination of cardio and cross-fit. It will lead you towards your goal quickly if you do it regularly.
Works: Core muscles, gluteus maximus, and hamstrings
- Lie on the floor with knees apart and keeping the whole upper body straight.
- Lift your hips up of the floor unless your pelvis generates a straight line from your ribs to your knees.
- If possible lie next to a mirror that will help you to realize your own progress.
- Hold on like this for 15-20 seconds and then release it.
- Perform in repetitions and sets.
This is an age-old technique of losing those belly and back fat. From very old times, people are practicing it to keep their body fit and to have a proper internal configuration. Doing this regularly will take you towards your dreams very soon.
All the above exercises must be done in the guidance of an expert trainer. If you are practicing in a gym, then consult the trainer there before getting started. If you have any prolonged body injuries, consult your doctor and then move towards it. Don’t rush into this. Fitness is a goal that everyone should at least try to achieve. It will always result in a good way.