Most people find it difficult to eat healthy foods, but easy to eat unhealthy ones like snacks, processed, packed and junk foods. People often eat foods that are easily accessible to them. But if you want to become fit & healthy by losing weight, you need to make some healthy kitchen changes. Therefore, the first step to lose weight in a healthy way is to eliminate unhealthy foods from the kitchen. If you don’t have unhealthy food options readily available, you won’t consume them.
It is well said that 80% of our diet and 20% of our exercise contribute towards our overall health. Diet plays a major role in keeping your body fit & healthy. Your health can be easily improved by bringing small yet effective changes in your diet. But to effectively bring changes in your diet, you have to make changes in your kitchen first.
Reasons For Weight Gain
- Starving For Long – Some people assume that eating less will help them to lose weight, but they are wrong. In fact, starving for too long is a huge reason behind weight gain as people eat an excessive amount of food to cover for the long meal gaps.
- Wrong Eating Habits – Wrong eating habits such as eating processed and packed foods in large quantity, can easily increase your weight.
- Drinking Less Water – People who drink less water consume more food. Sometimes they misunderstand their thirst to be hunger and gain weight eventually.
- Skipping Breakfast – People who skip breakfast tend to have low energy levels for the whole day. This can further lead to the consumption of junk food in large quantities, as they tend to maintain their energy level during the day. Ultimately, they put on the extra weight and become obese.
- Eating Late Night – It is difficult to digest food at night because our body needs proper rest during that time. But when we eat food late at night, we make our organs to work harder on digestion. This is one of the main reasons behind low energy levels and tiredness during the day, even after sleeping for 8 hours.
- Eating In Large Plates – When you eat in large plates, you will automatically eat more than your body’s requirements. Thus, overeating leads to weight gain.
Top Healthy Kitchen Changes To Lose Weight
- Don’t Consume Packed And Processed Foods
People are so much busy with their work that they don’t have time to prepare food for themselves. Thus, they eat foods that are easily available to them. Packed and processed foods are the most commonly eaten food items. People don’t realize that these can lead to various health issues like obesity in the long run. Therefore, you need to get rid of processed foods such as ice cream, soda, candies, sugar, processed grains, processed oils, etc. Once these are not available to you, it will be easy for you to choose healthy options.
- Prepare Your Food In Advance
Always prepare your food a few hours before mealtime, as then you will have no other choice but to eat homemade food. This will help you in avoiding all kinds of fat-rich junk foods from outside.
- Fill Your Kitchen With Natural And Organic Foods
The next step is to add whole-grain foods, fresh fruits, and green leafy vegetables in your kitchen. Including these things in the diet will not only help you in losing weight but provide essential nutrition to the body.
- Get Plates With Smaller Size
When you eat in larger plates your portion size will be larger as well. A person always eats more than actually needed. So, getting smaller plates will reduce your food consumption as you will know when to stop.
- Learn To Cook
It is very important for a person to learn cooking. When you know cooking, you are well aware of all the healthy ingredients that you need to use. Moreover, when someone knows how to cook, he or she will automatically shift from unhealthy eating habits to healthy eating habits. Also, cooking itself works as a therapy for a person in stress.
- Store Nuts And Seeds In A Container
Nuts and seeds are ready-to-eat foods that contain a large number of nutrients to help you lose weight in a healthy way. Various examples of nuts and seeds include almonds, walnuts, cashews, raisins, sunflower seeds, coriander seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds, dried berries, etc. All these contain good fats, which can be consumed at any time of the day to suppress hunger.
- Consume Smoothies
You can prepare fruit smoothies or vegetable smoothies, which act as an excellent fat burner. Smoothies are also rich in nutrients and minerals that are good for your overall health. Drinking these will also keep you full for a long period of time to avoid overeating.
- Add Egg In Your Diet
This option is not for vegetarians. But people who are non-vegetarian can include eggs in their meals or consume these as a snack. Eating eggs can keep you full for a long time, helping you in losing weight quickly.
- Prepare Detox Drinks
You can take water in a glass container and add lemon slices, grated ginger, mint leaves, and cucumber to it. Keep it overnight and you can drink this water for the whole next day. This water will help in detoxifying your whole body & in weight loss.
- Consume Herbal Tea
The spices available in the kitchen are considered to be your best friends as they are easily accessible. You can always consume ginger tea, turmeric tea, fennel seeds tea, coriander seeds tea, cinnamon tea, and cumin seeds tea, for losing weight quickly.
- Prepare Your Diet Plan
You should plan your meals for each day and paste the diet plan on the refrigerator. This will help you avoid forgetting or getting distracted from your healthy diet plan. Also, maintain a proper time schedule for all the daily meals.
- Eating Schedule
Never ever miss your breakfast as it is the most important meal of the day. The energy you will have the whole day is completely dependent upon what you had in breakfast. You must include healthy fats and proteins in your diet. Try to eat your dinner before 7 pm because it helps to easily digest food at night. Late night meals are one of the main reasons for weight gain.
- Use Measuring Cups And Food Weighing Machine
When you measure the ingredients of the food you can easily keep all the nutrition values in check. If you ignore these things, it can easily lead to over-eating and weight gain.
The Bottom Line
So these were the top 13 healthy kitchen changes that can help you in losing weight. If you want to eat foods which you crave, you can cook everything at home in a healthy way. This will help in keeping your caloric intake in check and avoid weight gain.