Incredibly Healthy Soups
Winter season is surely one of the favorite seasons of people around the world. However, the winter season also brings various health problems like cold and flu along with it. Cold and flu can not only be annoying but also a problem in both professional and personal life. A lot of people are prone to getting sick in the winter season due to poor immunity. Thus, it’s important to consume immunity-boosting foods rather than being forced to consume medicine on falling sick. This is why we have prepared the recipes for 2 incredibly healthy soups to fight winter cold and flu at home.
Ingredients – Lemon, Ginger, Green Tea, Coconut Oil, Black Peppercorn, Onion, Garlic, Celery, Carrot, Turmeric, Parsley, Shitake Mushrooms
For vegetarian people, this is one of the best winter Incredibly Healthy Soups to prevent or cure cold and flu problems. All the ingredients used in this soup are extremely health-friendly, and their benefits are medically proven. Here we will check out the benefits offered by each of these ingredients before getting to the recipe.
- Green Tea – Green tea is a powerhouse of antioxidants that are very effective for boosting immunity and preventing viral infections.
- Turmeric – Due to the presence of curcumin, turmeric is enriched with antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, antimicrobial, and antiviral properties.
- Garlic – For centuries, garlic has been used as a medicinal remedy for cold and flu due to its immunity-boosting properties.
- Onions – Onions contain antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and immunity-boosting properties due to the presence of selenium.
- Ginger – Ginger has been used to treat and prevent cold & viral flu due to its antiviral and medicinal properties for ages.
- Shitake Mushrooms – Shitake Mushrooms have been used for centuries to treat cold and flu because of their medicinal and immunity-boosting properties.
- Lemon – Lemon is a great source of vitamin C, along with immunity-boosting, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties.
- Celery – Celery is a great source of vitamin C, which helps to boost immunity and fight viral infections like cold and flu.
- Carrot – Carrots are a great source of beta carotene, which helps to protect the respiratory system from bacteria and viruses.
- Parsley – Parsley is an ancient medicinal plant that contains immunity-boosting nutrients like vitamin B, vitamin C, fatty acids, and beta carotene.
- Add the vegetable broth, turmeric, ginger, and peppercorns into a big cooking pot. Put the pot on the gas stove and turn it on.
- After that, dip the tea bags into the pot and allow the mixture to boil. Remove the peppercorns and teabag upon the mixture’s boiling.
- Then, add coconut, vegetables, salt, and pepper into a big fry pan, and put it on the gas stove. Remove it when the mixture becomes soft, and cook the garlic in the heated pan after turning the stove off.
- Now add mushroom, vegetable mixture, and broth into a large pan, and mix well.
- Thus, the soup is ready to consume hot and delicious.
Chicken Noodle Soup
Ingredients – 1tbsp Butter, ½ cup Sliced Onion, 1 cup Sliced Carrots, 2 cups Egg Noodles, 3½ cup Chicken Broth, ½ cup Sliced Celery, 1¾ cup Chopped Boiled Chicken, 1tsp Thyme, ¾tsp Dried Oregano
For non-vegetarian people, the chicken noodle soup is extremely healthy and immunity-boosting. Not only is this soup healthy but it also offers an immense number of health benefits. Here we’ll check out the benefits of its ingredients before getting to the recipe. Some of the ingredients are the same as the 1st soup, so we’ll check the benefits of the remaining ingredients only.
- Chicken – Chicken is a great source of immunity-strengthening nutrients like vitamin B, protein, iron, copper, and zinc.
- Thyme – Thyme is medically proven to treat and prevent cold/flu due to the presence of vitamins, minerals, and medicinal properties.
- Oregano – Oregano is enriched with antibacterial and antioxidant properties, along with various immunity-boosting & infection-fighting vitamins and minerals.
- Put a big fry pan on the gas stove and add butter to it. Then, add the vegetables into the pan and cook it for a few minutes.
- After that, add the chicken broth, oregano, and thyme into the pan, and boil for some time.
- Then, add chopped chicken pieces and egg noodles into the pan, and cook for 15-20 minutes on low flame.
- Now the soup is ready to be consumed hot and tasty.
That’s A Wrap!
So these were the two healthiest soup recipes to fight winter cold and flu. Make sure to consume these regularly or every 2-3 days in the winter season to prevent falling sick.